August 20th, 2003

Ok, so I've finished university, got married and I'm now looking for a job. So in the mean while I've found a little bit of time to work on this little program once again.

Heres what I'm doing...

OK. So here is the problem at the kernel level. They are using an unsigned int which has a maximum value of 4 billion and something, which basicaly amounts to 4 GB when you count the individual bytes. There was discussion on changing to a 64 bit variable but then there was problems with having to lock the variable and stuff. It was decided that it would be too much trouble and that the same could basicaly be done by adding an iptables rule to collect stats. I may/probably will do this in the future. but it looks to my admitably untrained eye that it may require root access to query the roolset...

May 30th, 2003

This project is not dead, i've just been busy with university for the last few years.

I'm in the process of rewriting this thing so that it uses the updated libdockapp and so that it is a little more useful. Logo